Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James G Ames Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
I have a few serious medical conditions and a recurring infection that hospitalizes me regularly. Every issue and concern I would go to him for help he would ship me out to a specialist and help me with nothing to the point where I have had up to 10 specialists to treat me. Every question I would ask he would refer me to a specialist no matter how simple the question. He never had my hospital records even though I had them sent to him over and over again. He was useless. I needed real serious help and he didnât listen, didnât hear me, or didnât care. I found an amazing new doctor who actually treats all but one of my medical conditions that Dr Ames wouldnât treat. I would not recommend this person to anyone for any reason. He was the most impersonal, uncaring, unhelpful doctor I have ever met. I can only hope he reads this review and learns from it to start listening to his patients, really hear them and take care of them.
was ignored for serious and obvious symptoms for at least 2 years. when finally had bad experience, still was ignored. doctor ames gave a serious diagnosis in passing but did not recommend a specialist or followup with testing to prove his claim. this showed he did not care about the patient. this doctor is not good a diagnosis or at listening to complaints of patients.After seeking answers and doing my own research from other doctors, it appears that dr. ames was totally wrong the entire time. if hie diagnosis was correct, i would have been dead a few years ago. it is best to research your doctors before you see them. then visit an experienced doctor for serious or ongoing complaints. dr. ames may be only good at the general average complaints and writing prescriptions.
I transferred to Dr Ames as a result of my insurance plan change. I found him impersonal. My medical conditions were stabilized but when I went in all I heard was that I should not be on this or that. When all I wanted to do was continue with the same regimen I was on because everything was under control. My initial reaction was negative because there are so many other things that were out of control in my life because of the economy. It was not like I was coming in with any new situations. I have PTSD and have been on specific medications and had this under control. All I heard was how he wanted me off my meds when I know I cannot survive without them. The overall experience did not make me want to go back even though I know I will have to.
17 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
University Medical Center
Dr. James G Ames Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsConsultants In Internal Medicine, 5701 W Talavi Blvd Ste 110, Glendale, AZ
Dr. James G Ames Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.