Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James V Aquavella has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. James V Aquavella has the following 25 expertise
- Lasik Surgery
- Corneal Transplantation
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Diseases
- Dendritic Keratitis
- Corneal Ulcer
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
- Eyelid Diseases
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Radial Keratotomy (Refractive Surgical Procedure for Myopia)
- Near Sightedness (Myopia)
- Postcataract Aphakia
- Corneal Opacity
- Corneal Diseases
- Chemical Burns
Dr. James V Aquavella has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James V Aquavella is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Aquavella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
60 Years Experience
Universita Di Napoli
Graduated in 1958
Brooklyn Eye And Ear Hospital
Dr. James V Aquavella accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStrong Memorial Hospital, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY
Dr. James V Aquavella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.