Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Austin Jr
Dr. James Austin Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lake Charles, LA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecology, Obstetrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Austin is affiliated with Women and Children's Hospital Lake Charles and Women & Children`s Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James Austin Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. James Austin Jr has the following 3 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. James Austin Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
I'd never use Dr. Austin again. He was very careless during my pregnancy. After my 6th month of pregnancy, Dr. Austin had not ordered the first draw of blood or urine. No glucose, no CBC, none of the standard tests had been done. I asked why and he seemed surprised, like his nurse shouldve ordered it!? At that time test was ordered, but results weren't in by the time I went into pre-term labor with my child at 26 weeks gestation. I called his office from home when I realized something was wrong and never received a call back from him! Very unprofessional! I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone that care s about their pregnancy, child & over-all health. Shame on him!!!
Dr. Austin delivered my first and second child and is a Wonderful Doctor!!! Iam now pregnant with my third child and had to switch doctors due to Dr. Austin no practicing any longer at the clinic. I wish he could deliver my third baby because he really gave me and my husband great experiences compared to my doctor now!!!
Dr. Austin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Women and Children's Hospital Lake Charles
Women & Children`s Hospital
46 Years Experience
Louisiana State University at New Orleans
Graduated in 1967
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions4510 Autumnwood Ln, Lake Charles, LA
Dr. James Austin Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Charles, LA.