Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. James B Kelly Jr
Dr. James B Kelly Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kansas City, MO. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. He speaks English.
Dr. James B Kelly Jr has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. James B Kelly Jr has the following 1 expertise
Dr. James B Kelly Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Kelly took a lot of time reviewing my father's case prior to surgery. He LISTENED carefully to my father, my mother and me, heard our concerns and did not minimize them. Many times you don't even get to spend 5 minutes with an anesthesiologist prior to surgery, however, this was not the case with Dr. Kelly. And GREAT follow up after surgery to manage pain while taking into account the chronic breathing difficulties of the patient by not overmedicating him and slowing his breathing further. He is a great and very caring doctor!
30 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. James B Kelly Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSaint Lukes Hospital, 4401 Wornall Rd, Kansas City, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James B Kelly Jr, MD - Anesthesiology in Kansas City, MO, in this video.
Dr. James B Kelly Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.