Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James B Parker has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I saw Dr Parker in the middle of an allergic reaction where I was having difficultly breathing. My disorder is rare so I didn't expect him to understand. Rather than educating himself on it - he obviously decided (from his notes) that I was either being dramatic or faking my distress and symptoms. I tell him tell him I've started having SIMULTANEOUS vomiting and diarrhea at times and he writes in his notes that my "Chief Compliant is PRURITUS "(itching)! Was he even IN the room with me???!! I don't remember saying anything about itching. I started crying because I don't know how much longer I can work WHILE I'm struggling to breathe. His notes say, "..no apparent distress".
Had initial visit with Dr. Parker. We went over my medical history and gave me a quick exam (did not look at my eyes, ears, nose, or throat), I gave him a copy of blood work done 5 months prior, and he ordered new blood work. I received a copy of the blood work and instantly saw it was incorrect. The items that stood out were related to Glucose, and AIC (I'm diabetic) which were completely different from my 10 year history of Diabetes (new blood work showed I was not Diabetic), Cholesterol, and Triglycerides. I called the office, spoke to the nurse who relayed the info to the Doctor (you can't speak with him directly). The new blood work (done twice more) showed that I was absolutely correct and the 1st workup was incorrect. To make a long story short, the Doctor eventually dimissed me from the whole group!! He didn't like my attitude, and when the nurse said I couldn't speak with the doctor, I asked if I needed to get a lawyer in order for me to speak with the Doctor. I didn't know I was dismissed until the following week when I got a letter from Intercostal Medical advising me....not even the courtesy of a phone call.
Dr. Parker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1991
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Dr. James B Parker accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIntercoastal Medical Group, 965 S Beneva Rd, Sarasota, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James B Parker in this video.
Dr. James B Parker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.