Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James B Powers
Dr. James B Powers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scarborough, ME. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Powers is affiliated with Mercy Hospital State Street Campus and Maine Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James B Powers has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
Showing 5 of 7
Having Jim powers care me 20 years ago for my first medical problem was a very positive factor in my being alive today! He was then-and has been since, the most compassionate, caring, professional physician I've ever dealt with. Being a nurse for 50 years, believe me I've seen them all-in different lights. Never have I seen him other than the above! One of the reviews blew my mind, stating he had been anything but the above. There have been numerous times when he personally has called (after reg. office hours) explaining and conversing re: results of exams and testing. He's been amazing, finding possible problems when i've had no idea my health was amiss.. Thank you, Dr. Powers for your care and standing in my corner for the last 20 years!! You'll always be tops in my book. "Judy"
It was instantly obvious to me that Dr. Powers skipped or failed the class on bedside manner. I may be old-school but I think a doctor should exhibit some degree of compassion when dealing with A patient. Dr. Powers proved me wrong. I cannot comment on his accuracy or competence but I would look elsewhere for a cardiologist with a heart.
Dr. Powers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. James B Powers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMaine Medical Partners Mainehealth Cardiology, 96 Campus Dr, Scarborough, ME
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James B Powers in this video.
Dr. James B Powers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scarborough, ME.