Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James B Smith Jr
Dr. James B Smith Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Novi, MI, with another office in Royal Oak, MI. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Smith is affiliated with DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center. Dr. Smith has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James B Smith Jr has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Had JB Smith for a doc 25 years ago, when I was pregnant. In fact, I found out I was pregnant, while being seen in the hospital for a kidney stone. The urologist that I was currently seeing, had no idea what to do and pretty much wrote me off. A friend who was in residency at the time, recommended him. We were squeezed in and he spent over an hour with us. Long and the short of it, he was my life saver. He was very skilled and had wonderful bedside manner. I totally trusted him.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. James B Smith Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James B Smith Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Novi, MI.