Dr. James C Balserak Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James C Balserak?

Awesome

He is the best! Not only is he the best general surgeon but he is compassionate and every patient is treated like a family member. There are not words sufficient to describe his skill and expertise.

Dr Balserak removed 2 parathyroid glands 3 weeks ago , he called me the day after surgery to make sure all was well as did the nurse at the surgery center ...he's a great Dr and I would highly recommend him to anyone have this surgery.

Parathyroid Surgery

My surgery went so well. Dr. Balserak is prompt, intelligent, kind, and truly a wonderful surgeon. I will be forever grateful.

Really liked him on initial visit. He will be doing my surgery. Have the utmost faith him after just one visit. Very easy to talk to. Explains what he will be doing in terms that a lay person can understand.

I have had 2 operations by Dr. Balserak and I have recommended him to my friends. I think he is an excellent surgeon .

His bed side manner was wonderful.. So nice so thoural and very up beat and confident.. I would highly recommend him to everyone!!!

Excellent Surgeon

Excellent surgeon!

Thankful to Dr. Balserak

Dr. Balserak has been a blessing to me. He was very knowledgeable, kind, caring, explaining and answering all my questions-- most of all skilled at my parathyroid disease and surgery. I have involved medical issues with pacemaker. Dr. Balerak did my surgery removing several parathyroids with out any problems. I did not hardly have any pain- no pain medications was needed, returned to work the second day after surgery. He explained any possible post-surgery problems that could occur and how to care for them ( I had no problems). As a nurse I wanted the best surgeon I could find and I am thankful to Br. Balserak that I have my life back, can't believe how much better I already feel-cause the symptoms I had prior to surgery really had diminished my quality of life.

Dr. Balserak did my surgery which seemed to go fine but pain and problems I tried to get addressed and helped after the surgery were very hard to come by. Poor follow up and return of calls wouldn't happen until after repeated trys by me. He seemed way too busy to help after the fact and when reached seemed to think everything he did was fine and there shouldn't be any problems even though there were and still are.

He performed a parathyroidectomy on me. His surgical skills are fine. But his followup is non-existent. I had complications with my calcium level post surgery and ended up in the E.R. two days post surgery because he and/or his staff did not followup on my phone calls. He was paged twice to call me and he did not. He never monitored my calcium level post surgery and I had a lot of serious symptoms due to that. I would not recommend him unless you have someone in the wings to do your followup care.

Questionable

Dr. Balserak did not ever see me in his office. Dismissed the first diagnosis made by another Dr. which proved to be correct. He spent maybe a total of 10 minutes with me, which I feel is the reason he was not fully prepared for my surgery in which I almost did not survive. If you read his surgical procedures on Southwestern Surgery website he has obviously chosen to forget that all his surgeries have not been trouble free, and that he has had to convert from larascopy to traditional surgery. Wish I had read that before, would have thought twice about him. Since he claims he had never had to convert maybe he's forgotten how to do it and may the reason he botched my surgery and has forever horribly changed my life! Good luck and I say get a second opinion before going with him. Don't let the charm and twinkling blue eyes fool you!

Lymph Node Removal

I was referred to Dr. Balserak for a swollen lymph node. He eased the atmosphere through conversation and thoughtfully examined my lymph node (in effort to evaluate if surgery was the best course of action). We both agreed that completely removing the node was a better decision than just a biopsy. His general demeanor in this first appointment projected confidence in being able to preform the operation with ease and minimal discomfort all the while being sympathetic to my condition. Although the Tucson Surgical Center "atmosphere" was a little dated, the attitude of the employees certainly made up for this. The nurses made an effort to ensure the comfort of everyone around, even smiling when I wheeled into the OR. The surgery itself went smoothly and no discomfort. I highly recommend Dr. Balserak.