Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James J Baran
Dr. James J Baran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Monroeville, PA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Colon & Rectal Surgery. Dr. Baran is affiliated with Ohio Valley General Hospital and Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital. Dr. Baran has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James J Baran has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Pain
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
- Bowel Resection
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
A friend recommended Doctor. The receptionist was pleasant. But once in examination room, I noticed how dirty it looked. They told me to lay on my side on a smallish exam table and I almost fell off. I had a banding procedure done. After a week, I was still feeling pain, I went back in and after being placed in another room (which was dirtier), the nurse put gloves on and went about touching everything in the room, as well as exited and came back in, same gloves. Yuck. I should had said something. But I was in pain. He was very rough and ending up putting additional banding on, which added to my discomfort. Also I could not use my insurance co-pay card as they do not take credit cards.
When I called Dr. Barans office to make an appointment I was expecting to wait about a month to get in to see him. I was shocked to be asked if I could come now...I had an urgent matter...and he was finished with all his other appointments and said he would wait for me. He also made phone calls immediately to an other doctor to discuss my care. He was willing to be available to assist with my surgery with another surgeon. He was very professional, very nice, very willing to help in any way. I highly recommend this man.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Baran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1985
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. James J Baran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColon Rectal Associates, 2566 Haymaker Rd Ste 206, Monroeville, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James J Baran in this video.
Dr. James J Baran is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Monroeville, PA.