Dr. James G Barbee Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James G Barbee?

meh

Doesn't spend enough time to answer my questions, he looks bored at my appointment some of the time. Tells me come back in 2 weeks but can not get appointment sooner than 4 weeks.

Dr. Barbee is absolutely amazing. Very compassionate.

Dr. Barbie is the best doctor known through the United States, and is even world renowned. He is a superior psychiatrist and I have had. (dozens) He has a certain humbleness to his approach and he has a deeply caring side. He is the first doctor of the type that I think qualifies to not accept insurance. He is that good. He really is. Not only is he a good doctor- but he is a good man and has a heart of Gold Meaning: he understands and prescribes not only the cutting edge medicines, but will consider all medicines that uniquely fit to one's symptoms. I have often joked that psychiatry is like gambling. Pay me to travel to a casino and make lucky guesses. Yes, a joke, and although, most doctors in his field are exactly that way, he has a keen eye and really gets to the root of the problem. I would not put him in the ladder association. He makes educated choices when it comes to medication. I am not saying your problems will all be solved in the first session but as you get to know him and he figures how you tick- let us just say you are in very good hands. A good man- a good doctor- what more can you ask for?

Dr Barbee's spot on! I drive an hour & a half one way & pay out of pocket. He's worth every penny! He provided an incredible insight into lifestyle changes & modifications as well as supplements that are necessary for the most effective treatment. He's saved my life by pin pointing effective treatment methods for me to lead a normal productive life. It's taken some time to fine tune it, mainly in part to my resistance to taking additional meds, but I've finally reached a smooth pattern. I'm accountable to participating in the most effective treatment program which includes cognitive therapy, medication & lifestyle modifications & being honest w/ Dr Barbee on how I'm feeling & what I'm doing.

The best at getting medications right!

Dr. Barbee is by far the best at getting the diagnosis and medications right. He has saved the lives of countless people who have very tough cases of bi-polar disease, drug addiction and the list goes on. These people are now living productive lives whereas before they seemed hopeless.

'Supposed' to be so good at pharmacology

I was referred to Dr. Barbee by another doctor because I was sensitive to medications and needed them adjusted correctly. Apparently, he is supposed to be 'better than the rest' at prescribing the correct doses of medications. He is a psycho-pharmacologist. He prescribed basically the same things that the referral doctor did. Also, when you leave a message for him to call back he waits until after hours to return your call. Then he says, "Oh, I don't have your records in front of me so I can't answer your questions or help you, sorry." When a doctor returns your call he normally has your records there or has at least looked over them to be able to help you with whatever issue you're having or questions you have. Basically, that means, call the office and make another appointment $$$... At least the staff is nice, but at what cost? He's way overpriced to boot.

Review Dr. B

Very professional and courteous. Certainly helped me. Have recommended him to others.

Incompetent!

The only expertise Dr. Barbee seems to have is selling out private pay patients as lab rats for non consensual study subjects. And he's good at picking up the check for it too... He seems to really like making attractive women into 350 pound behemoths as well. Drug reaction rashes and scars on the face are just another day at the dungeon for this sadistic monster! Every bad, scary thing about psychiatry's past as torturers is alive and well at Dr. Barbee's office; I would not be surprised if he's dabbling in pre frontal lobotomy for funsies.Stay away! You will spend the rest of your life maimed by morbid obesity and the orthopedic problems it brings, along with brain damage that stops better meds from working. And worse.

Dr. James G Barbee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.