Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. James A Barnett
Dr. James A Barnett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Topeka, KS. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. James A Barnett has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James A Barnett has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. James A Barnett has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James A Barnett is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Barnett gave me an annual physical and was very thorough, covering all aspects to ensure I was healthy and well. I especially appreciated his calm and patient demeanor in answering all my questions. Dr. Barnett sincerely cares about his patients and that's a quality that will keep me coming back.
At my first office visit with Dr. Barnett, he made me feel very much at ease. He's a very caring doctor and he actually takes the time to listen to me, even when not discussing health issues. He's just a really, really nice man. I almost wish I had a lot of health problems so that I can see him more often than once a year!
I was in very bad health upon my arrival in Emporia, Kansas, even after being seen by specialists in Houston and having had a battery of tests, including MRI's, Cat Scans, blood tests etc. No diagnosis of my condition. It was basically "...take these pills and call me after x months...". Then I was seen by Dr. Barnett. His professionalism impressed me and he correctly diagnosed my condition. In general, I am very pleased to have to be one of his patients. Even though I do not live in Kansas, I will make regular visits to be checked by Dr. Barnett.
39 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. James A Barnett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCotton Oneil Clinic, 901 SW Garfield Ave Ste B, Topeka, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James A Barnett, MD - Internal Medicine in Topeka, KS, in this video.
Dr. James A Barnett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Topeka, KS.