Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. James D Baumann
Dr. James D Baumann, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Gilbert, AZ, with another office in Mesa, AZ. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Baumann is affiliated with Banner Baywood Medical Center and Banner Heart Hospital. Dr. Baumann has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James D Baumann has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James D Baumann has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 25
I am very pleased/happy with this doctors office, from the moment I come in the front door until I leave, I feel extremely at ease. Nancy the receptionist, Jessica the Nurse, PA Tessa Tibbens & DR. James Baumann are all excellent. If you want a team/Primary Care Physician who truly cares, then North Point Medical is where you want to go. Perfect bedside manners, you are not a number-you are a patient and you're important. I am not one of those people who likes going to doctors, but with them I do. I can't say enough good things about them. Thanks North Point Medical, I'm a patient for life.
Always able to make appointment for same week. You are take care of right away they are very prompt. The staff is kind and will always help you with what ever, it is that you need. Doctor Baumann has diagnosis all my problems he treated me with respect and when he is with me he spend the time to explain the plan of treatment and if I need to follow up my appointment is made right away. The wait time is very short when you arrive at the office for your appointment.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Baumann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1981
Dr. James D Baumann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. James D Baumann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilbert, AZ.