Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Baumgaertner
Dr. James Baumgaertner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Decorah, IA, with another office in Onalaska, WI. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Baumgaertner is affiliated with Torrance Memorial Med Ctr, Cedars Sinai Med Ctr and Gundersen Lutheran - West Union Clinic. He speaks English.
Dr. James Baumgaertner has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. James Baumgaertner has the following 13 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Nutritional Support
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Dr. James Baumgaertner has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James Baumgaertner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
He was never on time for my appointments. Made several inappropriate comments on my looks and kept his hand on my knee during appointments while he was talking to me. Would never go back to him again. Not to mention he would not stop talking about his personal travels. No wonder he was never on time!
I have had Dr. Baumgaertner as my primary dermatologist for nearly 20 years. His knowledge of skin issues is unparalleled. He is informative and professional, and is also interested in overall health issues, not just some "skin lesion" concern. He challenged me to take a look at unhealthy lifestyle habits, which in fact may have more long term implications than whether or not I need a "barnacle" removed. In my opinion, he exemplifies the newer and more comprehensive approach normally seen in much younger doctors which involves total health care and a wholistic approach, His awareness of current research is excellent. I plan on seeing him for years to come, hopefully. The only trouble is, given his popularity, it takes months sometimes to get an appointment.
Dr. Baumgaertner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Torrance Memorial Med Ctr
Cedars Sinai Med Ctr
Gundersen Lutheran - West Union Clinic
Presbyterian Intercomm Hospital
Gundersen Lutheran - Decorah Clinic
Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center
Providence Little Co Of Mary M Ed Ctr Torrance
41 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1976
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. James Baumgaertner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Baumgaertner in this video.
Dr. James Baumgaertner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decorah, IA.