Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James F Bethea has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I was forced to go to him by my worker's compensation company. I don't have the time to list all that went wrong. I have two plates and 12 pins in my heel. I was not back to work for a year and a half, due to complications. He also kept prescribing meds that I did not need. Do NOT use this doctor! !!! Had another more reputable doctor look at my x-rays. He said surgery was not needed. Would have healed on its own.
Saw this dr. for broken arm (3 clean breaks) and fractured shoulder joint. Xrays showed my arm was healing straight. He wanted to put a rod in my arm despite the excellent, natural healing already taking place. When I declined surgery, stating I would be willing to do it if xrays eventually show that healing is going wrong, he stopped my pain meds immediaely/completely (just 3 wks into breaking arm/shoulder). Ended up going to Midlands Ortho who reviewed my xrays, appreciated my condition and pain, and provided me with appropriate care, meds, and PT until my healing was complete. This dr. is manipulative and recommends surgery when it is unnecessary and presents surgery as the only option when it isn't warranted.
Left me with 90 degrees ROM in my knee after doing a surgery on me that I'm not quite sure I needed to begin with. He knew I was a month away from loosing my health insurance, and said "it will work itself out". I am now unable to bend it all the way, squat, sit cross-legged, kneel or sleep on my stomach. It's effected my whole life. The pain in unbearable some days. If it was his family member he would have never left them that way. Looking into an attorney now. I want my life back. DON'T GO SEE THIS CARELESS, HEARTLESS, NO GOOD DOCTOR.
Dr. Bethea is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Sc Medical Center
Dr. James F Bethea accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames Frank Bethea Md, 11 Waterway Island Dr, Isle Of Palms, SC
Dr. James F Bethea is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Isle Of Palms, SC.