Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Blacksmith
Dr. James Blacksmith, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lewisberry, PA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Blacksmith is affiliated with Geisinger Holy Spirit, A Geisinger Affiliate, PinnacleHealth Hospitals and Harrisburg Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James Blacksmith has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 5
I just love Dr. B he is very concerned about everyone's health and he listens to you. I would recommend him to anyone. If I call in with a problem they either get his nurse, take all the information and tell the Dr. and usually he's right there to see you. When I first saw Dr. B I was in pretty bad shape but he worked with me and got me all the necessary tests I needed and I really appreciated it. when I went in with stomach pains he told me I needed to go to the hospital and they were calling for me, I told him I had to go home and take care of dogs and I had to PROMISE him I would call the ambulance as soon as possible. Here my appendix burst and I had to have it removed. Then a year later we had to go through the same thing, 2nd appendix surgery. Everyone at this office is very compassionate, caring and treat you like family.
Dr. Blacksmith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Geisinger Holy Spirit, A Geisinger Affiliate
Community General Osteopathic Hospital
45 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. James Blacksmith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRed Cedar Family Practice, 689 Yorktown Rd, Lewisberry, PA
Dr. James Blacksmith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewisberry, PA.