Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James A Bobenhouse has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 16
I saw Dr. Bobenhouse after a migraine that mimics a stroke put me in the hospital. I saw him once, said my tests were normal. Put me on a med that really messed with my emotions. I was severly agitated and aggressive. It took them 8 days to call me back (and after leaving repeated messages), and then it wasn't even his staff. The nurse that called back was helpful and got right back to me with a new med. This one I was allergic to. Regular nurse called back and said I was to take this other pill. All it did was make me sleep. Called again and no response. Scheduled with a different Neurologist. Not satisfied with Bobenhouse at all.
I would never go back to this Dr. again the staff was rude they didn't not give me a good exams he told me that nothing showed up on my test put he put me on medication. When I went to my new Dr. I had the records from there office sent to my new Dr. And there was things that showed up on my testing that he didn't tell me about so I would recommend anybody go here I would rather drive a little bit farther and go to Omaha and get better exams
Never have I dealt with such a rude medical staff. I felt like I was inconvincing them. They didn't schedule a test until after 8 days later and I am still waiting for the results. Prescribed medicine that was in direct contradiction to what I was already taking. Wouldn't take my dog or my worst enemy there.
Dr. Bobenhouse is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. James A Bobenhouse accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeurology Associates, 2631 S 70th St, Lincoln, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James A Bobenhouse in this video.
Dr. James A Bobenhouse is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lincoln, NE.