Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Boehmke Jr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I was sent to this dr. Because I was told by 2 other drs I had contracted hepatitis c as a child, before blood was checked. He was supposed to be the best I thought and did until recently! He did a whole lot of blood work, he did a colonoscopy even. He then told me I did not have hepatitis c, never did, and all the other drs that said I did must of got a false positive. So I was relieved and didn't give it another thought until I found out this month I do have it, it's in advanced stages, already attacked my liver pretty bad and damaging other organs like my KIDNEYS! If he would of treated me years ago I wouldn't be sitting here wondering how long I have left before I die! I do plan on a lawsuit against him for neglect. I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to see him!
The doctor's visit was average. I waited about 30-40 minutes, while the actual time spent with the doctor was about 10-15 minutes. He was nice, but I learned very little. He did not diagnose me--this visit was just the "consultation" visit before a procedure that I need to have done. I found out that I would have to pay $1500 out of pocket, up-front before the office would even schedule the procedure. When I checked out, I was told that, because of my insurance, I did not have a copay for specialists & I must pay the bill in full that day, which I did-- yet I received a bill for 4x that amount in the mail. When I called his office to ask about it, they told me they had "estimated incorrectly" the cost of the office visit. I am very disappointed.
Dr. James J Boehmke Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexarkana Gastroenterology, 1920 Moores Ln Ste A, Texarkana, TX
Dr. James J Boehmke Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Texarkana, TX.