Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James T Bonucchi
Dr. James T Bonucchi, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MO, with another office in Branson, MO. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bonucchi has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James T Bonucchi has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Bonucchi helped me get straightened out. That's the long and short of it. He's a straight shooter and knows his field. His personality goes with mine well, he gave me direct answers and was extremely helpful after years of fighting with a thyroid problem that seemingly no one could or wanted to figure out.
I saw him for a very complex problem. He was one for the first docs that listened and took the time to help sort things out. A few months into treatment I finally feel like I'm getting on the right track after years of health troubles. He was also the first doc to be very honest with me and tell me that many of my issues will improve with weight loss. Not everyone wants to hear that, which is why I think no one else has had the "hard conversation" with me, yet. I'm so glad he's encouraged me to get on the right path.
This Dr is very rude. I went in for my thyroid. As soon as he sat down he said just to take medicine. Didn't want to listen to any of my symptoms. After I told him I was not going to take that particular medicine he completely ignored me and got very upset. So I went and did research on my condition and the medication he wanted me to take and your not even supposed to take it with the thyroid condition that I have. REALLY!!!! Do not go see him. He acts like he's God and very arrogant.
Dr Bonucchi is a very smart and caring doctor. Always takes time to answer my questions and explain things.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office processes to reduce errors and increase quality.
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
15 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. James T Bonucchi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James T Bonucchi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MO.