Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James P Borden has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I recently chose Dr. Borden as my primary care physician. I have only been in to see him twice. Once, justbtobestablish him as my primary physician and to follow up on some existing medical issues I am currently going through. I like him because he doesn't beat around the bush. He asks straight up questions and he gives me straight up answers to my questions. The staff at this clinic seems to be top notch as well. The ladies up front are all very cordial and helpful. Their RN's and NP's are very courteous, friendly and knowledgeable. I have been through more Primary Care doctors and specialists for my condition than I care to talk about and I feel as though I now have a team that actually has my best interests as their concern. This clinic is an Internal Medicine and Podiatry Resident Physician training site, basically a teaching clinic which is headed up by Dr. Borden. No concerns about that as they are in capable hands by Dr. Borden and if these interns walk away with his traits and knowledge, they will be all the better for it. I fully endorse this clinic.
Horrible staff, scheduling department is very rude. Loud female who answered phone thought she put me on hold but I could hear her making jokes about my health problems to another female. The lady that answered the phone I think her name was shaynna. After I called back to complain I was told there is no office manager and to leave a message on the old office managers voicemail, so I did but they never called back.
He didn't even remember me from one visit to the next. His staff walked out of the office when I was mid-sentence. No regard for patient care, just formulaic response without any evaluation of the individual. Worthless waste of time. Wish I hadn't wasted two years hoping the care would improve. Negligent and couldn't care less.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Borden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Legacy Health System
Dr. James P Borden accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLegacy Medical Group Good Samaritan, 1200 NW 23rd Ave, Portland, OR
Dr. James P Borden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.