Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Botsko has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
This review is mainly regarding the office staff. I called for a walk-in appointment for a problem which needed to be seen. Dr. Botsko was on vacation and I was asked what insurance I had, I advised Cigna Healthspring. The lady said sorry, no one else could see me but my Dr. I had to call Cigna to find an Urgent Care clinic and they gave me info and advised there was no reason I could not have been seen by another dr. in a Family Practice Clinic. They would have paid the bill. Instead, I had to drive 10 miles to an Urgent Care Clinic and pay an additional $30 over usual fee.
New to area, and he was my first choice. Excellent bedside manner, sense of humor and very caring. Spends time with you and answers your questions. I have been seeing him for three years now. Lately, however the administrative staff has been less than desirable. Phone calls not being returned. Actually been 'disconnected twice'. Records not been forwarded to referrals. Pharmacy's not getting responses.
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Botsko...caring, attentive, informative, dependable, friendly....My husband and I have been patients of LHFP for almost three years now. On multiple occasions, Dr. Botsko has followed up with phone calls just to check in and always takes time to listen and offer insight. An outstanding physician!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2016, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2016, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Southside Medical Center
Dr. James J Botsko accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. James J Botsko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gallatin, TN.