Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Brand has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. James R Brand has the following 3 expertise
Dr. James R Brand has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
If I still lived in Texas my husband and I would travel to see Dr. Brand. He saved my husbands life by diagnosing a cardiovascular issue. I have been able to keep my husband healthy and ALIVE because of Dr. Brand. The doctor also regulated my thyroid after I had thyroid cancer. I am so grateful to the doctor and People's Community Clinic of Austin Texas, if not for all of these good people we wouldn't have had access to GOOD medical care as we had no insurance. God Bless Dr. Brand!
Had it not been for the outstanding care and expertise of Dr. Brand, as well as his generosity of heart for his patient (me), I would not have survived...period. As a retired attorney, in good standing, many of us in the legal profession have seen the full spectrum of medical practitioners from virtually every specialty who would do far better for themselves and their patients by following the heart, mind, and soul, frankly, of this exceptionally gifted and caring doctor. No matter your gender, race, ethnicity, age, or socio-economic status...Dr. James Brand will be there for you! Yes...there is still great goodness in the world. Thank you, Dr. Brand.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1976
Dr. James R Brand accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDetar Hospital, 506 E San Antonio St, Victoria, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Brand in this video.
Dr. James R Brand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Victoria, TX.