Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James L Brazil has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. James L Brazil has the following 12 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. James L Brazil is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I have a mixed review. This office could have received a 5 star rating for me as the surgery I had went well. However, I was not made aware of a pathology lab that is required from this office for all surgical removals until AFTER my surgery was done, even though this office, as well as my primary care provider, knew what I had was not cancerous. That resulted in an additional lab bill of almost $200 that was not necessary. Part of the reason it was that high was because this office use an "out-of-network" lab, and had I known the pathology was required I could ahve made sure they use an "in network" lab. Fortunately I am able to pay this bill but there are others who would have found this more difficult to address in terms of payment.
There sure is a shortage of dermatologist in Olympia! It took a while to get in, but it was way quicker than any other office. The front desk staff are helpful and friendly and the nurses seem very knowlegable. The PA took time to explain things to me so I understood what was going on. My problem is now going away, but if it comes back I know where to go!!
31 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. James L Brazil accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOlympia Dermatology Laser Clinic Ps, 424 Lilly Rd NE, Olympia, WA
Dr. James L Brazil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Olympia, WA.