Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Briley Jr has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James J Briley Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Dr. James J Briley Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Rockies pizzeria Crave it 4718413545420 4207670197043493 I was refered to this doctor by the primary physician. And i couldn’t have been more upset about a doctor’s appointment. I have been experiencing hair loss which was my reason for going. I first sat with his assistant which asked me a couple general questions about myself and very vague questions about my hair loss. When doctor Briley entered and examined me.(If you want to call quickly looking at the top of my head and pulling a couple strands of hair an examination) then told me i have female pattern hair baldness which is Genetic.(keep in mind i have no one in my family that is balding so I question that) Then he showed me a picture of the different stages of female pattern baldness of which he did not distinguish what stage I am in. Just said that There is nothing that can’t help it just use Rogaine and shampoo that he was going to prescribe me.(The shampoo that was prescribed is meant for dandruff of which I found out by doing my own research not by him telling me what it was for and i dont have dandruff ) From the moment he came into the examination room and out took less than around seven minutes. I do not feel like he was thorough nor did he want to comfort me or give me a broader exclamation on exactly what was his diagnosis. I tried to ask him questions and give him a little more back ground about my hair and i kept getting my questions turn away. I do not Recommend him. I am going to a second opinion else where.
I must say, Dr. Briley is one of thee nicest, down to earth physician that I've experienced in quite some time. Although he was prompt, he was definitly thorough and very knowledgeble. His staff was extremely caring as well. He ran very well on time. I recommend showing up 10-15 minutes prior if your new to fill out paper work.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Erie
Graduated in 2002
St Johns Espiscpl Hospital - S Shr
Dr. James J Briley Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSkin Solutions Dermatology Pc, 7 W 24th St Apt 1, New York, NY
Dr. James J Briley Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.