Dr. James Brode Is this you?

He delivered my son in 1992 and was awesome. I miss him as I have moved.

This man should retire.

Dr. Brode had a terrible bedside manner during the birth of my baby--he did not allow me to get comfortable during the birth, did not explain any procedures or be informed before I consented, and he left me feeling like my baby's birth was primarily an event of violation and harm, not joy and triumph. What should have been a joyous experience was and still is a nightmare (both physically and emotionally), and although this was not all Dr. Brode's fault, I wish I'd had a different doctor and I wish I'd been in a clearer state so I could have fired that man. His attitude and his practices (forceful vaginal exams specifically) are both far outdated.