Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Buxman
Dr. James Buxman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR, with other offices in Wilsonville, OR and Portland, OR (and 5 other locations). He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Buxman is affiliated with Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center, Providence Portland Medical Center and Providence Health System Oregon. Dr. Buxman has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James Buxman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Buxman has been our family physicin for over 15 years. Our experience with him has been extensive and positive. He shares the latest research he has, is cautious about prescription drugs and their effect on the whole patient, and in general has been head and shoulders above the other physicians we have seen.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Buxman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center
Providence Portland Medical Center
Providence Health System Oregon
43 Years Experience
University of California at San Francisco
Graduated in 1970
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. James Buxman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.