Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Johnson
Dr. James Johnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR, with other offices in Portland, OR and Portland, OR . He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Providence Portland Medical Center, Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Ctr and Legacy Good Samaritan and Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James Johnson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James Johnson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I was having terrible head aches for two weeks and high blood pressure. Went to see him on a Saturday. The first things he said is he had to be quick, he was going golfing. Talked over me as I was sharing important medication information and symptoms. Sent me out the door with a bag of new medicine. I ended up in the er two days later with a serious condition.
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Portland Medical Center
Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Ctr
Legacy Good Samaritan and Medical Center
Providence Health System Oregon
26 Years Experience
University of Washington
Graduated in 1987
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Johnson in this video.
Dr. James Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.