Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James C Sikes Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
Showing 5 of 19
my husband and I have been going to dr sike for years and thank God we switched drs when we did. dr sikes is the one who KNEW my husband had leukemia. we had been going to a tipton co dr and had we continued there my husband would be dead today. most drs in tipton co are not fit to treat an animal, much less a person, and this is not gossip- over the yrs, btwn my father, my mother and my husband's illnesses, I have first hand experience with tipton co drs and none of it is good. we love dr sikes. he LISTENS to you. most drs don't. his nurse is the best and Kristina is wonderful. they are a great group of people and it will be a SAD day for us when he retires. dr sikes is the BEST around.
I think when the other Dr. left, Dr. Sikes may have bitten off more than he can chew by taking on double the patients. There's an appointment handed out for every 15 min. Ive been the first appointment and still had to wait thirty min. I been there a total of five times in 2011 waited almost an hour each trip. They always say they were busy.The Dr. changed my medication on a visit; it took three days before it was called in to Walgreen. Bottom line is Dr. Sikes trying to see to many patients, wait time is out the park and good luck on getting your prescription called in.
42 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Baptist Memorial Hospital
Dr. James C Sikes Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames C Sikes Md, 4026 S Galloway Dr, Memphis, TN
Dr. James C Sikes Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.