Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James C Wu
Dr. James C Wu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Daly City, CA, with another office in Glendale, CA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology, Plastic Surgery and Plastic Surgery within the Head & Neck. Dr. Wu has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James C Wu has the following 3 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Plastic Surgery within the Head & Neck
Dr. James C Wu has the following 21 expertise
- Facelift (Rhytidoplasty)
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Nose Job (Rhinoplasty)
- Laser Surgery
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders (Otorhinolaryngologic Diseases)
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Nasal Obstruction
- Liposuction (Lipectomy)
- Laser Resurfacing
- Nasal Polyps
- Balloon Dilatation
- Skin Cancer
- Hair Restoration
- Dermal Fillers
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Sino-Nasal Disorders
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Thyroid Cancer
Dr. James C Wu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I had five things wrong with my nose till last year I spend years over 30 going dr to dr till I saw a Dr Goldberg UCSF and was refer to Dr Wu as he feel only one dr was up to the job of fixing my noses - What a wonderful kind gentle man I have had in the seven living in this country only meet four drs who care about their patients frist and the bank statement second - this is one of those men.All care was taken having five produces in one day is hard but he is still doing follow up care no question too hard his staff are beautiful I touch myself after leaving his office as I cant beleive I have found such a good dr. He is the meaning of the word PROFESSIONAL- AND SO ARE IS STAFF.
I met Dr. J. Woo for a consult, regarding facial rejuvenation. I recently had a breast cancer scare, and have had flashbacks on how my mother suffered and won over this desease, while raising four children and making sure we all went to school and attained proper education. It made me realize how precious each day is, and definitely put extreme value to the things that matter most in my life.I also realized that I needed to love myself more, so, I went to see him for possible minor works on my face.It was a warm, pleasant, and highly educational meet with Doc. I felt his concern and sincerity, and definitely witnessed him sharing his knowledge and expertise. His honesty discussing options made it mpre clear to me, to proceed and get certain works done. i highly recommend him to all. I believe he is knowledgeable and can definitely deliver!!!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
22 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. James C Wu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
Chinese Community Health Plan
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James C Wu in this video.
Dr. James C Wu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Daly City, CA.