Dr. James Carsten Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Carsten?

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND - Great, THOROUGH, Funny, Knowledgeable, Takes the time...

Posted on April 6th, 2017

Dr. Carsten is a great family doctor who I would whole-heartedly recommend to anybody looking for a solid, general doctor. My insurance changed several years ago and just by chance, I was recommended Dr. Carsten, who I have been going to ever since. Dr. Carsten is friendly, easy-going, thorough, and takes the time to listen. Several of my visits I have had ongoing issues which Dr. Carsten tried to help me figure out all possibilities of what was going on, ordered/ran whatever tests he thought were related, and even once referred me to a colleague of his. He is very talkative and even funny/personable. Several of my visits, he has been more than thorough and we have actually sat and talked over EVERYTHING for upwards of 45 minutes to an hour, so I have never felt 'rushed out of the office'. His office is convenient being it is located right within CDH, therefor all pertinent blood tests, xrays, etc. that you may need simply are right there for you - just walk right down to the main hospital entrance and just about every related facility is at your disposal. His staff and nurses are also all very nice, and I have even used some of his partners on several occasions when Dr. Carsten was out of the office or was unable to fit me in - I will also recommend one of his partners, Dr. Melody Derrick. Dr. Carsten is great and I will not go anywhere else until I have to. I would highly recommend him if you are referred to him, or, just maybe looking for a new general doctor.

Posted on November 5th, 2015

Dr. Carsten is one of the best doctors I have ever come into contact with. I have many health issues, and have seen MANY doctors throughout the course of 8 years. Dr. Carsten deserves to be called a doctor. He treats you like an actual human being! He's very intelligent, caring and not just out to make his wallet fatter. I'm very lucky to have found him, and I'm switching my son's dr even just so he can see him. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Posted on March 6th, 2014

Dr. Carsten truly cares for his patients! I went to him because my regular doctor was a bit more backed up and I ended up switching to having Dr. Carsten as my doctor instead. He is very thorough and is willing to spend the time you need with him. I asked him something very specific about research on a certain vaccine and he did not know the answer (it was on a very recently published study) but looked it up with me in the room and then we talked about the results. He is truly an intellectual individual that isn't just going to give you his gut feeling or a repetitive response frequently seen on the internet. He's an awesome guy and an even better doctor!

You're a REAL person to him

Posted on August 16th, 2011

If you find yourself waiting for Dr. Carsten past your appt. time, the evidence will prove that he spends as much time with you as needed to answer and solve your issues. He will hear all of your medical complaints not just the one that you called about! I have had Drs. in the past tell me to not give them a "laundry list" during my appt. Dr. Carsten listens to everything because he knows we do not know, what is or is not, relevent to our ailment. His wonderful nurse responses to phone calls promptly and usually already has the answer when she calls back! Way to reach out Ms. Peggy! 5 stars to Dr. C and Nurse! Follow up on referred-out care is sketchy would like to have better quarterbacking on profile of health plan going forward.

Knowledgeable and Thorough

Posted on May 11th, 2010

Dr. Carsten knows his stuff. Extremely thorough. First time I've ever had an EKG done within the office, during my yearly check up. My only recommendation is that he speak to you, as opposed to at you - my perception. Otherwise he seems like a very bright guy.

Posted on March 3rd, 2010

great doctor, very nice personality, professional, great with preventative medicine, very caring.

Posted on April 28th, 2017