Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James B Cavender
Dr. James B Cavender, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Cavender is affiliated with Shelby Baptist Medical Center, Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital and Helen Keller Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James B Cavender has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 28
My son worked as a cardiac ICU nurse at Brookwood hospital for years and when I became unhappy with my cardiologist, I asked for his recommendation and without hesitation he said Dr. Cavender. I have been his patient ever since. He is a kind doctor that actually listens to all of my issues and offers his opinion in a way that is both easy to understand and informative. I am thankful that Dr. Cavender is my cardiologist and would recommend him to others.
He showed a sincere interest in my health and was so kind in his examination of me. He checked me out very thoroughly and tried to find out what my problems were. Very understanding and patient and he gave me a complete explanation of everything he was doing. I have never had a doctor who seemed to care about my condition more than Dr. Cavender.
Dr. Cavender is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. James B Cavender accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Associates Birmingham, 3980 Colonnade Pkwy, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James B Cavender in this video.
Dr. James B Cavender is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.