Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James P Celebrezze Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel Resection
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. James Celebrezze has the unfortunate ability to both talk over your head (using obscure medical terminology that imparts no meaningful information to the patient, delivered in rapid-fire manner) and down to you. Make no mistake: you are not worth his time. But he'll still get paid, so no matter. AVOID.
I'm not questioning the Dr's ability to perform surgery or his knowledge of medicine, but I am going to comment on his demeanor and delivery of information. I believe that arrogant is the best way to describe him. He looks down on family and friends of the patient, almost it seems as peons. He is not willing to answer direct questions regarding the recovery of your loved one. Especially if you may be eluding that he left something out. While I'm sure he's an accomplished surgeon, he should take some classes in communication, professionalism, and humility.
I really should have gotten a second opinion before I let him operate. He said my tailbone wasn't necessary, but I still suffer from pain when sitting every day, and my surgery was almost two years ago. He said I would only have phantom pains but my structure doesn't have proper support for sitting, so real pain. He said that I would be worse for wear in about 6-8 weeks. I didn't stop draining for six months, and occasionally still have draining outbreaks. The general consensus on the internet is that kind of surgery usually needs 8-12 months of recovery time, which was more realistic. He said it was 50-50 that I had cancer, that was why he had to operate. The only thing he found was the scar tissue from an anal fissure I had years ago, that I told him about. Avoid at all costs.
24 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1994
Summa Health System
Dr. James P Celebrezze Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James P Celebrezze Jr in this video.
Dr. James P Celebrezze Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.