Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James S Cerneka has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 24
Saw Dr. Cerneka by referral not having much information. Hands down THE BEST physician we have EVER worked with. Skilled. Knowledgeable. Takes time. Down to earth. Cares. Not pretends to care but ACTUALLY cares... A LOT! He has taken care of a routine matter for my father who is a very high risk patient when nobody else would touch him. Recently took care of an emergency, life or death situation for my father and went so far above and beyond. He wasn't on call, he wasn't at the hospital, but he took care of him. I truly believe he is a little known miracle. Possibly the 8th wonder of the world.
I had a sudden colon rupture, the foreign "attending" doctors in the hospital referred to it as "micro-perforations", the usual move is wait and see it if stops, from the pain I had, It was clearly more. After a day of me getting sicker and the hospital frankly doing nothing about it, he came and saw me, within 5 minutes and a couple of presses on my abdomen, I was rushed to emergency surgery, after the surgery, he exclaimed to my wife "if we had waited a couple more hours, we may be making different arrangements." I had a colostomy with no issues whatsoever, and he did the reverse colectomy 5 months later to put the plumbing back in place and perfect ever since. My wife also had a colon resection and all perfect as well. He takes time, explains, just an all-around good dude and that doesn't ever make you feel like you ask too much, as A LOT of doctors do. He saved my life, he can save yours too.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
22 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. James S Cerneka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJamess Cerneka Do Pllc, 845 E Warner Rd Ste 104, Chandler, AZ
Dr. James S Cerneka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chandler, AZ.