The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Chao has the following 1 specialty
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Laser Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Skin Cancer
- Hair Restoration
- Reconstructive Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Dr Chao is a very dedicated and top quality doctor. I would use him and refer my friends and family to him in a minute. He has a passion for teaching and healing like no one I have ever met before. I had two hand surgeries by him and have had great success. Little did I know when I had the first hand surgery that I would go to work for him a year later. I can't believe the reviews I have read in California... They are so far off. Dr Chao is a perfectionist and treats everyone with great compassion. He is extremely intelligent and appreciates everyone from the janitor to the President. We had patients travel from far to see him. He has an understanding of how the body heals that far out weighs others. He likes to use common sense when doing plastic surgery to make the patient look as natural as possible...not fake. If you ever knew him as a human being you would be so amazed at his philosophy of life and helping others.
First of all, he was my breast surgeon initially. At first he was very nice and helpful. Then a few weeks before my official big reconstruction after cancer, he acted like he had forgotten who I was (and I had seen this man extensively during my whole reconstruction prep, which lasted several months) and completely changed his plan for me. Nothing that we had agreed on came to his memory. I realized that he was no longer interested in helping me and would not get me what I wanted. I dropped him like a bad habit. The nurses seem overworked and not very happy. I was not going to write this, but other women have to know to avoid this doctor. Cancer is bad enough without being victimized by this person. He is supposedly the hand doctor for the Chargers. Maybe he needs to stick with that.
We were very happy with Dr. Chao. My son needed to go see a hand specialist after a sporting injury. I called his office on a Wednesday and they scheduled us an appointment the very next day. After Dr. Chao showed us the x-rays he explained to us that surgery would be required. He made room on his surgery schedule the very next day for him. He was very personable and related to us on our level. We ended up seeing him 5 or 6 times total. Every appointment we had the staff was amazing to us. My son's pins came out ahead of schedule and he is back to playing high school sports as if there never was a problem. Our family would highly recommend Dr. Chao and Oasis Surgery Center.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
25 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
New York University
Dr. James J Chao accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOasis Md, 499 N El Camino Real Ste C102, Encinitas, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James J Chao in this video.
Dr. James J Chao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encinitas, CA.