Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James L Chappuis has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Dr. James L Chappuis has the following 25 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Wounds and Injuries
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Neck Pain
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Sports Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Back Pain
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
Dr. James L Chappuis has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James L Chappuis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
After suffering about six years from a failed fusion surgery and two previous microdiscectomies I finally found Dr Chappuis. My only regret is I waited so long. He is absolutely the best spine surgeon in ATL. He not only explained in detail the procedure he had in mind for me but also got me scheduled for surgery in about two weeks. I had gotten to the point that my quality of life was near zero with no end in sight. He performed my surgery (spinal decompression with CoFlex device) and immediately after surgery I felt a huge difference. It has only been two weeks now but I am confident once I start PT I am only going to get better and better. I was told by my first Dr that there was nothing else that could be done and I would just have to live with his failed attempts to fix my back. Well DONT ever take that as being true. There are numerous things that can and are being done for patients of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome. Thank GOD for Dr Chappuis and Spine Center ATL as I now can resume life as it used to be!!!!
Super helpful, kind, caring and attentive at first, but when I reinjured my back they refused to help me. I had been diagnosed with cancer at the same time I reinjured my back. When attempting to work with Dr. Chappius again in hopes for an MRI and suggestions for relief as I go through chemo and a stem cell transplant prior to being able to have my 3rd spine surgery. I was almost chased out of their office. It was very unprofessional. I do believe that Dr. Chappius is great doctor and I'd like to use him again, however I was bothered by how they treated me when I was in severe pain.
Dr. Chappuis operated on my back after 6 previous back surgeries by other doctors. After years of complications and doctors turning me away Dr. Chappuis took me on. To make a long story short I would trust Dr. Chappuis to cut my head off & put it back on. Not only is he an excellent surgeon, but his bedside manners, his ease of making you feel good and explaining what is wrong in layman terms is unsurpassed by any other doctor I have ever had & that's been a lot. If there was a 100 star rating he would even go beyond that.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Campbell Fountation University Of Tennessee
Dr. James L Chappuis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
Locations & DirectionsOrthopaedic & Spine Surgery Of Atlanta, 3161 Howell Mill Rd NW Ste 400, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James L Chappuis, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Atlanta, GA, in this video.
Dr. James L Chappuis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.