Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James Clopton has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 72
Doctor Clopton is an extraordinary human being who just also happens to be a psychiatric adolescent diagnostician genius. I don't know what would have happened to my daughter (who he cared for meticulously) during her battle with severe Obsessive, Compulsive Disorder. My phone calls and concerns where handled immediately. His guidance and understanding of my daughter and her illness has been irreplaceable. Placer County has lost one of its finest adolescent doctors. It is a terrible disservice to this community that he no longer practices.
I do not understand how this MD can have his DEA registration denied for cause, the action published in the Federal Register, & remain completely in good standing with the California Medical Board! No Accusation has been filed. Yet the same Board revokes the licenses of other MDs, apparently for political reasons, each year.
Dr. Clopton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kindred Hospital - Sacramento
24 Years Experience
Rosalind Franklin University
Graduated in 1989
Dr. James Clopton accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1037 Suncast Ln, El Dorado Hills, CA
Dr. James Clopton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Dorado Hills, CA.