Dr. James D Colquitt Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. James D Colquitt?

Narcassist

I was recommended to Dr. Colquitt by a casual friend who said I would like him. I needed hernia surgery and some of the information online has him in practice with a prominent hernia surgeon. Also, he is well known in certain Atlanta social circles. After seeing him I was surprised to find that he is now alone in practice, no longer affiliated with any other surgeon, especially a hernia specialist. When I asked him about this I found his response arrogant, demeaning and dismissive of my concern about why he was now in solo practice. He was also not very complimentary about his past partner, the hernia specialist. I then started asking quesitons of my friends who are surgeons at Piedmont hospital where Dr Colquitt practices, and they explained that Dr. Colquitt was fired from his last practice (the second practice to fire him) and had sued all of his past partners, causing a very expensive law suit. Apparently he was only fired after the group asked him to stop being the manager of the group because the practice was losing money and didn't want to pay him to be the manager any more. My friends tell me that many fine surgeons are spending a fortune to defend against his law suit, and some have even had to close their practice. Anyway, this doesn't say anything about him as a doctor or surgeon since I chose not to go back. To be fair, I cant really rate him as a surgeon. It does say something about him as a person, and confirms my impression that he was very full of himself and a narcissist.

Avoid this doctor at all costs

This doctor was very dismissive of my problem. Condescending, and when I challenged his recommendation he raised his voice and told me I didn't know what I was talking about. He was more interested in telling me about how smart hi is than listening to my needs.

I went to Piedmont Atlanta ER in severe pain which was my gallbladder was not working. Dr. Colquitt did the surgery to remove my gallbladder. He was AWESOME. STRAIGHT FORWARD and HONEST. I would recommend anyone that is going to have surgery, if you are lucky enough go to Dr. Colquitt.

Great experience...

Was nervous about facing surgery but Dr. Colquitt quickly put me at ease with the procedure. His before and after care for surgery was just as good. He followed up with me once biopsy results were in and explained what it meant. Overall, Dr. Colquitt and all the staff of Peachtree Buckhead Surgery Center/Buckhead Surgical Associates were friendly and handled everything professionally. All seemed happy to answer all my questions.

Professional, Confidant, ProActive - Saved My Life

Great Doctor. Highly recommended!!!