Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James R Commers
Dr. James R Commers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Red Oak, IA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Commers is affiliated with Chi Health Immanuel Medical Center. Dr. Commers has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James R Commers has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James R Commers has the following 13 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Patient Care
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
Dr. James R Commers has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Commers treated my Ovarian Cancer with extreme professionalism, and personal concern! I felt he was doing what he knew was best for my health at all times and ALWAYS took the time to throughly explain everything to me. He made a tough situation so much easier to handle! I think the world of him as a Dr. and a person!
Superior in knowledge , excellent bedside manner, highly professional, and the reason I am alive after 27 years
A bit over ten years ago when a colonoscopy revealed a fairly large (orange-sized) malignancy, we put the case into the hands of Dr. Commers upon recommendation of close acquaintances who happened to be MDs. We never regretted the choice. Post surgical pathology showed that the cancer had invaded 12 of the 15 lymph nodes that were harvested for purposes of analysis. It was not a promising situation.The post-surgical course of chemotherapy that Dr. Commers set up involved minimal negative side effects. Its effectiveness is revealed in that ten years later I remain cancer free, and in apparently robust health. Throughout the treatment and in the regular checkups that have followed Doctor Commers has been consistently personable, thoroughgoing in his examinations and exceptionally clear in his explanations. He combines a thorough professionalism with the clear impression that he really cares about the patient.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Commers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. James R Commers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMontgomery County Memorial Hospital, 2301 Eastern Ave, Red Oak, IA
Dr. James R Commers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Red Oak, IA.