Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Cort
Dr. James Cort, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Orange, NJ, with another office in East Orange, NJ. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Cort is affiliated with Community Medical Center, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center and Clara Maass Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James Cort has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 17
Doctor Cort attended my husband and I for more than 15 years. During that time he diagnosed our conditions accurately 100 percent of the time.He may not have a top rating when it comes to bed side manner but he hears everything you say and was always correct prescribing treatment.I think he is an excellent doctor.
Dr.Cort has horrible bedside manner, and his staff is rude and unprofessional. He makes rounds at 6am when there are no family members present and once he is done with rounds he is unable to be reached. He had to be paged six times in regards to medication before we received a call back mind you my grandmother was in the emergency room! I cannot understand why when you call the office no matter the time of day you are unable to get a live person on the phone, and when you are asked to leave a message you never receive a return phone call. The only time you can speak with someone from the staff is when you pop up at the office and the girls are just sitting there as the phones ring non stop. Once my grandmother is released from the hospital I will be retrieving all of her medical records and seeking medical attention else where.
Dr. Cort is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Community Medical Center
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Clara Maass Medical Center
Monmouth Medical Center
East Orange General Hospital
St Barnabas Medical Center
33 Years Experience
Graduated in 1980
Dr. James Cort accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James Cort is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Orange, NJ.