Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Crossin
Dr. James Crossin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN. His specialties include Bariatric Medicine and General Surgery. Dr. Crossin is affiliated with Community Hospital East, St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana and IU Health Methodist Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. James Crossin has the following 2 specialties
- Bariatric Medicine
Bariatric medicine focuses on the causes, prevention and treatment of obesity. Bariatric specialists are trained in medically supervised weight loss and the management of obesity as a chronic condition. These specialists are skilled in various disciplines that help patients lose weight and obtain optimal health.
The field encompasses dieting, exercise and behavioral therapy, anti-obesity medication, pharmacotherapy and surgery. Bariatric specialists might be from surgical backgrounds and perform obesity-related operations or they might be nutrition and hormone focused, prescribing diet and exercise plans as well as weight loss medications.
Patients defined as obese or having unhealthy Body Mass Indices (BMI) have much greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, asthma, sleep apnea, hypertension, many types of cancer and chronic musculoskeletal problems.
One subspecialty of bariatrics is the focus on the correlation between obesity and mortality.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.<br>The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. James Crossin has the following 2 expertise
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Stomach Stapling (Gastroplasty)
Dr. James Crossin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. James Crossin - Posted on August 14th, 2017
Excellent surgeon, caring and compassionate
Self-verified patient of Dr. James Crossin - Posted on January 11th, 2011
WORSE SUREON EVER!
Self-verified patient of Dr. James Crossin - Posted on January 11th, 2010
Dr. Crossin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
IU Health Methodist Hospital
Clarian Health - Methodist Hospital
Clarian West Medical Center
Methodist Medical Group and Specialty Physicians
IU Health Affiliated Physicians
Clarian Health - Indiana University Hospital
IU Health West
IU Health Methodist / IU Health University
- Indiana University School Of Medicine
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. James Crossin Accepts the Following Insurance
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Crossin, MD - Bariatric Medicine in Indianapolis, IN, in this video.
Dr. James Crossin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.