Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. James Cunnar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Naperville, IL, with other offices in Naperville, IL and Aurora, IL . He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Cunnar is affiliated with Edward Hospital and Rush Copley Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James Cunnar has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I visited Dr. Cunnar several times with multiple symptoms. The initial visit he listened well and seemed sincere and ordered diagnostic tests. When the test came back fine after that initial visit, he always told me I was fine and treated me very impatiently. He told me he did blood work looking for "Everything" but never explained to me what that was. I finally got a diagnosis from another Dr. and it is a life threatening one. I would never return to Dr. Cunnar refer anyone else to him either. Also, his billing department was incompetant in handling my claims and then was rude to me when I went to see him claiming I had a balance, when they admitted it was there mistake but that I had to fix it. I am just happy I have a diagnosis and can begin my treatment- 10 years later.
My usual and customary approach when ordering tests is to explain each and every one to the patient. I am sorry I did not explain what tests I was ordering in a patient-friendly manner. We also call back every test we order, so you should of received a phone call from one of our nurses regarding the results of your blood work. I would be happy to personally address this with you - my email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Cunnar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rush Copley Medical Center
19 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University
Graduated in 1994
Dr. James Cunnar accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James Cunnar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naperville, IL.