Dr. James D Atkinson Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. James D Atkinson?

Just Bill

I found Dr. Atkinson ok, but I think it is sad that he takes no interest at all in what his staff does and how they talk to and treat his patients. Most the staff are not friendly and very uncaring. They think they are above everyone else because they work for the big and famous Dr. Atkiston, they never return phone calls and they lie a lot. They tell you they will submit things and they don't submit them for weeks to a month later. Then you hear every excuse in the world. If you can go to Blossom Bariactics go there, their staff is wonderful, but there is a long waiting list. Their doctor is wonderful and like i said the staff is wonderful and o much more caring than Dr.Atkinson. They say never go to a doctor who advertises on TV, means they are desperate, and Dr. Atkinson advertises a lot on TV

He never saw me post op

disappointed

I went to the seminar and was so excited with everything I saw and heard. I have made all the phone calls to them. No one ever calls me. I leave messages and no one calls me back. My insurance will cover the surgery and I passed my psychological evaluation. What are they waiting for? Why don't they care about me? Every time I call they don't remember if I do get someone. 3 of my calls I was told Kerry was at lunch. After these other reviews I will be calls else where in the morning. Good luck to everyone. All we want is to he thin, healthy and happy. :-(

I never met Dr. Atkinson, but his staff is the reason I went else where for my surgery. When I first started there, I was told what my insurance required me to do. I was told by this same person (coordinator??) that she would call me monthly for updates....never did. She would call me was when I called and left her a message, she would call me about 2 wks later. The last time i spoke to her was when I called her and said I wanted a consultation with the Dr. and she told me not until ALL me requirements were done and it would be about a week before surgery! I thought this was unexceptable and called my insurance company for another Dr. This phone call was about 4 months ago and I have been with my new Dr. (luckily he excepted everything I had already done ) since then and will be having surgery in about 1 month. I have not gotten one call from Dr. Atkinson's office since then! Very poor staff relations!

The new me

Surgery is scary ...but it felt like Dr Atkinson and most of his office stood by me. I'm a year out and I'm half the person I was.. literally. Thank you!

Horrific

This doctor's negligence has led to my younger (44) brother being in very bad shape indeed. Avoid.

lap band in...lap band out

Patient Death

My mother died while under Dr. Atkinson's care following gastric-bypass surgery. Don't play Russian roulette with this guy.

Mystery Man

Procedure did not work and nothing done to remedy problem. Never heard from Dr. Atkinson. Never saw him after pre-surgery visit. Sent letter outlining difficulties but received no response.

no way

Not very reputable

Dr.atkinson refuses to see my friend who he did surgery on because he is having complications....he keeps cancelling the appointments and lied saying he will be out of town and then was seen at the office.crazy huh