Dr. James Baxter Is this you?

Great Dr.

Posted on January 1st, 2014

I miss Dr. Baxter. He delivered all 3 of my boys and was great with all 3. He is very personable, caring, and compassionate. While I was pregnant with my 2 nd son my Mother was diagnosed with cancer. He told me if I had any questions at all with her treatment or her health in general to not hesitate to call him. He always made me feel at ease and like he sincerely cared about me and my baby. I miss him. I hated it when he left Oklahoma. I would recommend him to anyone!

Wish he would move back here

Posted on January 3rd, 2011

Dr. Baxter was my first ob/gyn, and cared about me as a person first and foremost. He would explain everything you needed explained in everyday language, do a complete physical to make sure you were healthy (many women only go to one doctor, an ob/gyn, and only for birth control, so many don't get a full checkup, and he wanted to make sure all parts of patients were healthy), and then let you get dressed and come down to his office to answer any questions, so you didn't feel embarrassed sitting there half-dressed like most doctors make you sit. One time he was at a clinic where the nurses failed to tell me that he was delivering a baby, and so he was about an hour late to my appointment. . . and he said that "your time is as important to you as my time is to me, so today there will be no charge". . . how many doctors have you ever heard say that??!?!??!? He is gentle, cares about you as a complete person, and is very professional and caring. I wish he were back in Stillwater so I could continue seeing him for my yearly visits.

Wonderful and caring

Posted on September 15th, 2010

I went to Dr. Baxter for the first five months of my first pregnancy and then switched to another physician due to location. 7 months into my pregnancy my daughter passed away. The dr. that i switched to was horrible, including bedside manner, explanation, and staff. I went to Dr. Baxter for my 6 week check-up and he cried with me and let me know that he cared. i got pregnant again and i chose him because i knew he would take care of my unborn child and me. he did everything to make me feel comfortable and confident that everything was ok. He delivered my second daughter and it was a wonderful experience. I recommend him to everyone

Very unprofessional