Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James D Flaherty
Dr. James D Flaherty, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Flaherty is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Dr. Flaherty has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James D Flaherty has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James D Flaherty has the following 19 expertise
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Myocardial Infarction
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Failure
- Cerebral Palsy
- Blood Clot
- Patent Foramen Ovale
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. James D Flaherty has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James D Flaherty is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Flaherty is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1999
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBluhm Cardiovascular Institute Of Northwestern, 675 N Saint Clair St Ste 19, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James D Flaherty in this video.
Dr. James D Flaherty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.