Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James D Gallagher MD
Dr. James D Gallagher has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. James D Gallagher has the following 13 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
Showing 5 of 24
my obgyn sense 2008
Self-verified patient of Dr. James D Gallagher - Posted on February 19th, 2019
Worst bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. James D Gallagher - Posted on December 1st, 2018
I went to Dr. Gallagher for a first prenatal visit to see if he would be a good fit to deliver our third child. He came highly recommended but I was warned about his bedside manner. Without any explanation of procedure or telling what he was doing at all he began attempting to preform a PAP smear. Since I already had a test within the last two months I refused to have the actual smear done which he then decided to speak to me like I was an incompetent child who needed to have explained step by step exactly how they take the test, how the put the cells I to the specimen jar, how they send it to a lab, etc.... as if any grown pregnant woman doesn’t understand the steps of a test she gets yearly! Getting to hear my baby’s heart was the only good part of the visit which was shortly ruined by his was impersonable ramblings of facts about tests to predict what could be wrong with our child. Don’t get me wrong I understand the need to be informed but if a patient is telling their doctor they are well aware of the tests and that they just had a child a year ago so it’s fresh in our mind maybe listen. Seemed like he was more concerned with hearing himself ramble on like a robot to the point where he stopped me from speaking several times. I can’t imagine a worse doctor being between my legs telling me to push at such an important time in our life! Wish I could get the $250 I was charged for our first visit back as it was a total nightmare being In his presence and I left the office almost in tears at the frustration he caused during our visit. Never going back.
Self-verified patient of Dr. James D Gallagher - Posted on November 27th, 2018
He may a great doctor but his staff is terrible. I called to make an appointment as a new patient and the lady on phones “JEN” said “we don’t have availability, and we probably don’t take your insurance” not sure what that’s supposed to mean. She gave the phone to someone else who was much more professional. Turns out they have appointments available tomorrow AnD they do take my insurance. Funny.
Great surgeon but horrible bedside manners
Self-verified patient of Dr. James D Gallagher - Posted on November 3rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. James D Gallagher - Posted on July 4th, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
22 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1997
Dr. James D Gallagher Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJAMES D GALLAGHER MD, 1840 Mease Dr Ste 400, Safety Harbor, FL
Dr. James D Gallagher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Safety Harbor, FL.