Highly Dissatisfied

my obgyn sense 2008

Best obgyn!!!! Dr. Gallagher delivered all 3 of my blessings. The whole pregnancy he was amazing always making sure to answer any questions i had. i definitely recommend to and one looking for a obgyn .

Worst bedside manner

I went to Dr. Gallagher for a first prenatal visit to see if he would be a good fit to deliver our third child. He came highly recommended but I was warned about his bedside manner. Without any explanation of procedure or telling what he was doing at all he began attempting to preform a PAP smear. Since I already had a test within the last two months I refused to have the actual smear done which he then decided to speak to me like I was an incompetent child who needed to have explained step by step exactly how they take the test, how the put the cells I to the specimen jar, how they send it to a lab, etc.... as if any grown pregnant woman doesn’t understand the steps of a test she gets yearly! Getting to hear my baby’s heart was the only good part of the visit which was shortly ruined by his was impersonable ramblings of facts about tests to predict what could be wrong with our child. Don’t get me wrong I understand the need to be informed but if a patient is telling their doctor they are well aware of the tests and that they just had a child a year ago so it’s fresh in our mind maybe listen. Seemed like he was more concerned with hearing himself ramble on like a robot to the point where he stopped me from speaking several times. I can’t imagine a worse doctor being between my legs telling me to push at such an important time in our life! Wish I could get the $250 I was charged for our first visit back as it was a total nightmare being In his presence and I left the office almost in tears at the frustration he caused during our visit. Never going back.

Horrendous staff

He may a great doctor but his staff is terrible. I called to make an appointment as a new patient and the lady on phones “JEN” said “we don’t have availability, and we probably don’t take your insurance” not sure what that’s supposed to mean. She gave the phone to someone else who was much more professional. Turns out they have appointments available tomorrow AnD they do take my insurance. Funny.

Great surgeon but horrible bedside manners

Dr. Gallagher delivered my second child and I won't take away the fact that he's a great surgeon however, he has horrible bed side manners and isn't very compassionate nor patient. When I got pregnant with my third child I made sure to look else where.

Dr. James D Gallagher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Safety Harbor, FL.