Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James C Damico has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Smoking Cessation
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Heart Failure
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Sprains and Strains
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Urinary Retention
- Nutritional Support
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Women's Health
- Intestinal Diseases
- Adolescent Medicine
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Lyme Disease
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Alternative Medicine
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Stomach Diseases
- Seizure Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Weight Loss
- Memory Disorders
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 5 of 9
I had the disadvantage to have worked with this Dr. I was a nurse in the facility he directed. Myself and all the other nurses were beside ourselves by the way he spoke of his residents and the lack of compassion for the elderly. He was blunt and errogant. The families often asked when he would actually visit their family member and why he never did anything for them. Just prior to leaving several families had switched Drs. Kennedy Health System actually allowed this behavior and terminated me because of his doing. I had been warned not to get involved but patient care was my first priority. I could not just sit back and not say anything. He since has left kennedy. .my boss quit because of how unfair the facility was and recently administration was fired. I have been wrongly banned from the entire health system because of the ego of one doctor. I must say however, i am much happier now.
Dr. James D'Amico is a wonderful physician, I would change health plans before I changed doctors. He takes the time to review your circumstances and coordinates care with the patient. I always have his full attention when in the office with him. He will go the extra mile whenever necessary. I highly recommend him as a physician and as an overall nice man.
The staff at this office is terrible. They are rude! I had to get a referral to a specialist and after being assured that the referral was in the system-still had to call while at the specialist-for them to put one into the system. Then they were rude to me-for their mistake. I have also been put on hold at the office for very long periods of time. There are too many people working in the office for the hold time! Terrible experience. I need to find myself a new PCP
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1995
Locations & Directions
Dr. James C Damico is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Medford, NJ.