Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James A Derespino
Dr. James A Derespino, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brandon, FL, with another office in Sarasota, FL. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Derespino is affiliated with Lakewood Ranch Medical Center. Dr. Derespino has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James A Derespino has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
One of the most knowledgeable physicians I have ever seen in an ER or any health care environment. He is calm, courteous, to the point. He even went the extra mile and made calls to my primary physician and to my home to check on me a few days later and make sure I was feeling better - I didn't know physicians still did that, let alone an emergency physician who barely knew me. I have been to many ERs before, but never been so impressed by his level of care and expertise.
When I was in the ER, the PA did pretty much everything and he "supervised".
I had to make a trip to the Sarasota Memorial Hospital emergency room. Dr. Derespino was the emergency doctor that night. He was wonderful! He answered all my questions, was very friendly and easy to talk to, pleasant and had a sense of humor. He personally called me at home the next day to see how I was doing. A fantastic credit to his profession.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Derespino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. James A Derespino accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James A Derespino in this video.
Dr. James A Derespino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brandon, FL.