Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Devellis
Dr. James Devellis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Woburn, MA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Devellis is affiliated with Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital and Winchester Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James Devellis has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 59
I was deeply saddened to here the recent news of Dr DeVellis. I have been a patient of his for several years, just recently having 2 knee replacements. Dr DeVellis is a wonderful, kind and compationate Dr. Which is rare these days!! My most memorable moment was being taken down to the OR for surgery and he met me outside the door of the OR comforting me that everything is going to be fine. Yes, it was. Praying that he will soon be doing what he loves once again!!!
Dr. Devellis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford
Hallmark Health -Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
HALLMARK HEALTH SYSTEM/Melrose-Wakefield Hospital
Hallmark Health System,Inc.
25 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1992
New York University
Dr. James Devellis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsEXCEL ORTHOPAEDIC SPECIALISTS, 200 Unicorn Park Dr, Woburn, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Devellis in this video.
Dr. James Devellis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woburn, MA.