Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Di Maio has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 18
First of all I would like to praise Dr. Dimaio for wonderful people skills and level of comfort he shows. He takes the time the time to listen. It is so unfortunately that his front office staff is so rude. My wife calls in this morning for an appointment and the woman who and the phone but lyrics says there is no appt at all does not even ask what the problem and says well there is nothing she can do. At the very least she could have asked what seems to be the problem and maybe taken the time to ask the either the doctor or the N.P. if she could have squeezed her in. Nothing she did not even bother to ask her what her name was. So we ended up going to am urgent care clinic and pay out of pocket even though we have insurance - Tricare ( I am active duty military) . This is the problem when front office staff gets lazy and does not understand what it means to work in a patient service environment. The least she could have done was ask if she could do anything or give another suggestion, but instead she hung the phone very abruptly. So sad to see this happen when people go unsupervised.
i think the office staff is very rude and abrupt. Dr Dimaio yet a kind man does not seem to ease my thoughts of whether or not he is a true Dr with ture direction that I should base my health on in full confidence. I had a sypmtoms of a UTI and he didnt test my urine so how would you know what strain of bacteria to treat in my urine to eliminate the problem?? just left a big question ? never mind there seemed to be alot of out of office activity below that was very odd?
25 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. James J Di Maio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames J Di Maio Md, 175 Westbury Ave, Carle Place, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James J Di Maio in this video.
Dr. James J Di Maio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carle Place, NY.