Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James A Dispenza
Dr. James A Dispenza, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Liverpool, NY. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Dispenza is affiliated with Upstate University Hospital, Crouse Hospital Inc and St Josephs Hospital Health Center. Dr. Dispenza has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James A Dispenza has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James A Dispenza has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. James A Dispenza has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James A Dispenza is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dispenza repeated identical tests 3x, unwilling to share test results, repeatedly told "take asprin and come back in 3 weeks", when asked for a referral to a specialist was told didn't need one, had to insist to get test results, wasted 3 months in pain , finally finding a spine doctor. Hard to believe he's still practicing.
Was diagnosed with gynocomastia and that was it. Said that was all he could do. Told him my breast was very sore and it hurt to touch, his response "I don't know what else to tell you other than try not to touch it." Wanted to physically hurt him at this point. Anyways, I did my own research and called back asking him to research Nolvadex as a cure he refused to and the next day I got a letter in the mail discarging me as his patient and to find another physician. Nothing but an old washed up dr looking to make a quick buck off of you.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Dispenza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1975
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. James A Dispenza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Josephs Physicians North Medical Pc, 5100 W Taft Rd Ste 2T, Liverpool, NY
Dr. James A Dispenza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Liverpool, NY.